Hiring Organization / Company: Rocketship Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Motivate students to participate in learning activities; create a positive student culture; maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
- Follow network guidelines for curriculum (scope and sequence maps, unit plans, lesson plans) and adapt when necessary to meet the needs of your students (PE, Science, Art)
- Develop a year-long scope and sequence map, thematic unit plans, and lesson plans to teach discrete content skills (Gardening, Drama, or Spanish) throughout the school year.
- Differentiates content by age-group and/or grade-level to ensure that activities are developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop a positive culture focused on Rocketship’s core values (respect, responsibility, persistence, empathy)
- Serve as the leader and facilitate large group lessons on the topics indicated above
- Communicate and collaborate with fellow ECCs, teachers, and school leaders; participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the Rocketship team
- Ensure that students have access to a positive and productive learning environment by enforcing all campus safety rules and behavior expectations; respond to occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue and/or occasional interactions with children who require additional support with behavior
- Inventory and maintain Enrichment Center materials and accessories
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor (arrival/dismissal support, lunch and recess duties)
- Passion for working with children; ability to motivate and support children in reaching high levels of academic success
- At least 2 years of college required
- Belief in the value of enrichment education for all children
- Previous experience or training working with youth
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Content expertise preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Public Schools
- Fluency in English
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy and here for our Title IX Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected] Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Job Location Information:
City: Redwood City
Location: Redwood City, Ca 94065
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs these days. Usually, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply essential coaching, assets, and techniques for process seekers. These corporations will also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms in your areaought to uncover where and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The end function for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can recurrently be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out well all over their running.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.