Hiring Organization / Company: Hyatt House San Jose / Cupertino
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Food and Beverage
Non - Exempt
Group 6-FOH Line Level Employee
Scope of Position:
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the preparation of drinks and the service of beverages and or food for all guests and servers. They need to maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and have control over liquor inventory.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
Education & Experience:
· High school diploma, GED documentation is preferred and one to two years experience
· Must meet minimum state requirement for serving alcohol
· Alcohol awareness certification and food service permit as required by local or state government agency.
· Long hours sometimes required and occasional overtime may be indicated, includes nights and weekends
· Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 30 pounds of force frequently or
· constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
· Ability to stand for entire shift.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
· Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
· Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will
· vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes a clean, pressed uniform and a correct nametag when working.
· Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members
· Greets guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promotes house drinks and food items; utilizes up selling skills whenever possible to maximize revenues.
Duties and Job Functions cont’d:
· Prepares beverages requested by customers or servers according to standard operating procedures establishing proper proportions and ingredients to control costs and provide a consistent product to the guests.
· Maintains clean and organized work areas to maximize efficiency; sets up the bar and back bar according to established procedures.
· Monitors guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notifies management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers.
· Ring guest checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
· Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently
· Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards for mixing, portion control, and presentation.
· Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
· Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Be familiar with the computer system.
· Follow all state liquor laws.
· Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
· Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
· Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
· Stock and clean glassware.
· Check for proper identification, must be acceptable proof of 21 years of age. (Drivers license, military I.D., birth passport, etc.)
· Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and attached properly to the bar.
· Prepare all garnishes including any and all side work according to schedule.
· Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
· Attend meetings/training as required by management
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Internal: Kitchen Staff: To receive and return beverage supplies.
Management Staff: To alert of service challenges
External: Guests: To provide services
Reports to: Outlet/ Restaurant Manager, Assistant Outlet/Restaurant Manager
Job title also known as: Barman, Barmaid
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in Prism Hotels for this type of position; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business levels.
._ I understand this position description is a general representation of the essential nature of the position and level of work being performed; this is not intended to be an all inclusive list of ALL responsibilities and qualifications for the job. _
Team Member Acknowledgement Date:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bartending: 1 year (Required)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Cupertino, Ca 95014
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs this present day. Generally, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and frequently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide critical coaching, belongings, and programs for activity seekers. Those firms can also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Web experiment for job firms on your areaought to discover the place and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip goal for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into an enduring process for the people who carry out well right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.