Hiring Organization / Company: Vmware
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Does the thought of being on a team dedicated to designing and supporting an innovative and market-leading employee benefits and wellness program excite you? At VMware, our global benefits team is committed to constructing programs through a comprehensive and inclusive lens. Our philosophy is to create a richly diverse and equitable benefits program where every employee realizes moments of belonging. Members of the global benefits team partner to broaden focus on the employee experience; build a long and exciting career by leveraging openings that perfect existing skills; and take advantage of opportunities to develop new ones.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a Benefits Consultant, you will report to the Director, Americas Benefits and focus primarily on our comprehensive Canada-based program offerings. You will be responsible for continuously reviewing and assessing our offerings and administrative processes to ensure they are compliant, competitive, and optimally positioned to support employee attraction & retention. You’ll also collaborate with internal and external partners to enable a smooth, impressive employee benefit experience. You will manage the end-to-end benefit experience – from new hire/annual enrollment; various life cycle event changes; and ongoing education and communication for ongoing awareness and engagement. In addition, you will operate as liaison with internal HR Technology, Payroll, and HR Source (employee support services) teams including provision of assistance with escalated inquiries.
- Inventory and analyze existing programs and associated administrative processes to ensure general compliance with country- and/or province-specific requirements
- Regularly review program performance and sufficiency to provide innovative, cost-responsible, and meaningful offerings to our employees while identifying, highlighting, and addressing opportunity gaps, as might be applicable
- Work closely with broker consultant in conducting benchmark analyses to identify trends in industry and with competitors to provide locally competitive programs
- Ensure compliance, auditing and proper filings are conducted and thorough, partnering with internal and external partners, as appropriate
- Monitor benefits spend and ensure proper inputs/edits for annual budgeting process
- Liaise with internal teams and stakeholders to transfer knowledge of program essentials and lead key message dissemination
- Lead employee communication efforts that inform, educate, and enlighten awareness of program offerings to enhance the employee value proposition.
- Partner with payroll to resolve pay-related benefit matters
- Engage with external vendor and consulting partners to understand and bear impact upon issue resolutions and operational enhancement opportunities
- Manage escalated employee issues for assistance with benefits-related needs
- Lead and/or participate in M&A due diligence activities for North America.
- Provide additional support, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience with the Canada benefits marketplace
- In-depth knowledge of broad-based Canada benefits (health and welfare, savings plans, absence benefits and perks, etc.) – design, landscape, policies, and procedures
- Ability to compile data; analyze to identify opportunities and/or distill key findings; create compelling presentations; facilitate forwarding conversations
- Solid program and vendor management experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Diligent, inventive and self-managed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, innovative environment
- Intellectually curious and exhibit strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at interacting with all levels of the organization
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : HR
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job Location Information:
City: Palo Alto
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs this present day. Usually, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you understand where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply crucial coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. These firms may also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little operating experience. A simple Internet test for job firms to your areamust uncover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip function for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn out to be into an enduring process for the people who carry out well throughout their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.