Hiring Organization / Company: Amigos De Guadalupe Center For Justice And Empowerment
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Amigos de Guadalupe Center for Justice & Empowerment envisions a Mayfair community where children and families lead thriving lives, anchored in confidence in one’s gifts, choices, and dreams. Amigos de Guadalupe fulfills its mission by focusing on five strategies: Expansive Outreach (alcance comunitario), Trusted Information & Referral (amigos de confianza), Targeted Direct Services Program (comunidad fortalecida), Case management (compañerismo), and Strong Foundation (fundacion).
- Maintains accounts payable: processes vendor invoices and prepares checks for signature and distribution,
- Maintains accounts receivables: records grant revenue and monitors collection of grants and donations,
- Prepares bank deposits for the Accounting and Finance Manager and
Director of Finance and Operations (DOFO),
- Compiles receipts for all expenses and reimbursements and prepares appropriate documents,
- Stores hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval, in accordance with Amigos de Guadalupe’s Fiscal Policies and Procedures,
- Ensures that all forms are complete, including but not limited to, vendor, IRS
Forms, and W-9 files,
- Prepares annual Form 1099’s as appropriate,
- Prepares and performs transfer of payroll data from Gusto payroll software to Aplos accounting software,
- Purchases supplies and materials for staff members according to Amigos procedures, including appropriate budget and purchase order forms,
- Manages payroll process, and
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two or more years of office or bookkeeping experience,
- Payroll skills and use of common bookkeeping software is required; previous experience with Aplos is preferred,
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits,
- Ability to work independently with little supervision,
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively,
- Attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy,
- Deep personal knowledge of East San Jose,
- Deep passion and commitment to advancing social justice in immigrant, working class communities,
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English required,
- Able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends, and
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse individuals and families with cultural competency and sensitivity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca 95116
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be easy if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and regularly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, assets, and methods for activity seekers. Those corporations will also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Internet test for job firms to your areamust discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can usually be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting job for the individuals who carry out well all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.