Hiring Organization / Company: Banfield Pet Hospital
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Actively recruit new clients by promoting hospital services and route the flow of clients and pets to ensure superior client care and maximum productivity of the veterinary medical team.
- Maximize the number of pets seen by the hospital team through through a productive and efficiently run hospital to support the needs of our wellness plan clients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes encouraging hospital visits, welcoming clients and pets, ensuring that they are comfortable in the hospital, and educating them about their pet's health.
- Educate clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventative care, pet health needs and hospital services
- Assist incoming clients by completing the required documentation, entering all pet information and history in the computer, utilizing proper collars and tags for identification, and ensuring prompt service.
- Assist outgoing clients by providing all necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispensing prescription items per the veterinarian's instructions, selling retail products and scheduling future appointments.
- Manage the finances by maintaining accurate balances and utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
- Conduct administrative functions as necessary.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Quality – The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal.
- Responsibility – As individuals, we demand total responsibility from ourselves; as associates, we support the responsibility of others.
- Mutuality – A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared benefit will endure.
- Efficiency – We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do only what we can do best.
- Freedom – We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free.
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Preventative care and OWPs
- Communication Skills
- Client Service Skills
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational ability – Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Problem solving skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Client service skills - Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
- Mathematical ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Initiative – shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Integrity – Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Banfield Pet Hospitals. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Cooperativeness – Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility – Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence – Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency – Maintains a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to be confident around pets (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc.)
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position requires special hours including working weekends and evenings.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately high.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while at hospital.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties involving radiography (x-ray) and exposure to radioactive substances.
- One year related experience required with customer service preferred.
- Medical background (veterinary technician, human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) with medical terminology training is preferred.
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca 95131
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Most often, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you recognize where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an out of this world and usually lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply crucial coaching, property, and programs for process seekers. These firms may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Internet experiment for job firms in your areashould discover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip goal for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can commonly be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long-lasting process for the people who perform neatly all over their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.