Hiring Organization / Company: San Andreas Regional Center
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY: While maintaining good public relations with the community and implementing the vision of the agency, this position coordinates and develops a continuum of community resources and services for persons with developmental disabilities. This position is also responsible for providing public information about, and creating community awareness of regional center service needs for persons with developmental disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Master’s Degree in business, social work or a related field or a Bachelor’s Degree in business, social work or a related field plus four years of experience. One year of experience in program development and/or community organization is desirable.
- Provides technical assistance to new and existing service providers to ensure quality of services and program effectiveness
- Designs a service provider recruitment and orientation program
- Reviews proposed program designs for regulatory requirements
- Maintains an inventory of programs and services available for consumers throughout the catchment area
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of existing service providers’ programs
- Reviews specialized contracts in collaboration with the Fiscal Department.
- Reviews services provided in catchment area to avoid duplication and to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops, implements and monitors cost-effective alternative service models
- Resolves issues with consumers, care service providers, parents and agency staff regarding regulatory requirement issues and non-routine service requests which do not easily fit into the current service system
- Resolves issues regarding services which will result in a disproportionately high cost
- Trains and/or coordinates training to staff and service providers regarding new services and any corresponding regulatory requirements
- Conducts special projects as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Direct supervision from the District Manager of the Community Services Department.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree in business, social work or a related field or a Bachelor’s Degree in business, social work or a related field plus four years of experience. One year of experience in program development and/or community organization is desirable.
- SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of a wide variety of available community resources; knowledge of basic needs and approaches in working with the developmentally disabled and program development; ability to relate individual needs to overall community and agency planning; ability to undertake major projects and gain the cooperation of others in following through to completion; ability to speak and write effectively; ability to utilize various communication media; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of agencies and individuals and represent the agency in a positive manner; and the ability to work independently; ability to communicate with supervisor regarding job functions, ability to work remotely and communicate progress of work to supervisor, and the ability to organize work so as to maintain efficiency and productivity.
OTHER: Use of an automobile, possession of a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance for the minimum amount prescribed by law or the ability to provide for independent transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $4,964.00 - $6,032.00 per month
- 8 hour shift
Follow strict COVID-19 Guidelines
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Related Field: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca 95119
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs nowadays. Usually, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be simple if you know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an incredible and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide vital coaching, property, and systems for activity seekers. Those firms can be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areashould discover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The end purpose for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out smartly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.