Hiring Organization / Company: Campbell Union Elementary School District
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
PLEASE APPLY VIA EDJOIN.ORG IF INTERESTED:
Bargaining Unit / Group: CSEA 868
Salary Range: 126
Approved: January 1, 2016
CAMPBELL UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
Under the direction of Transportation/Operations/Facilities Supervisor and Site
Administrator, perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility; maintain buildings and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility; sweep, scrub, mop, strip, wax and polish floors; vacuum rugs and carpets in classrooms, offices, workshops and other work areas; spot clean and shampoo carpets.
- Clean classrooms, cafeterias, gymnasiums, auditoriums, lounges, offices, locker rooms, hallways and other facilities as assigned; dust and polish furniture and woodwork; empty waste receptacles; spot mop spills; remove gum, debris and graffiti as needed.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains and restroom facilities including sinks, toilets and urinals; fill dispensers with towels, soap, toilet paper and other items; wash mirrors, tile, walls and windows; unclog drains and toilets.
- Pick up paper and other debris from school grounds, walkways and areas adjacent to school facilities; sweep concrete surfaces adjacent to school building.
- Operate custodial equipment such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Replace light bulbs and tubes; clean boards, trays and erasers; empty pencil sharpeners; clean tables, chairs and floors.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment; prepare classrooms, gymnasiums and other facilities for special events or meetings as assigned; set up and assemble chairs, tables and other furniture and equipment; clean up furniture, equipment and debris following these events.
- Lock and unlock doors, gates and windows as appropriate; turn lights on and off as needed; maintain security of assigned areas according to established guidelines; set alarms as appropriate.
- Report safety, sanitary and fire hazards to appropriate personnel; report need for maintenance and repairs to appropriate authority.
- Participate in the thorough cleaning and restoration of campus facilities during vacation periods.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Proper methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in modern custodial work.
Modern cleaning methods including basic methods of cleaning floors, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures.
Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
Page 2* of 2*
Requirements of maintaining buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
Proper lifting techniques.
Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility.
Maintain buildings and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
Use cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Operate a variety of custodial equipment.
Maintain tools and equipment in clean working order.
Move and arrange furniture and equipment.
Observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair.
Understand and follow oral and written directions.
Observe health and safety regulations.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
Transportation/Operations/Facilities Supervisor and Site Administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current schedule
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s policies and procedures and existing contract between Campbell Union School District and the California School Employees Association, Chapter 868.
Indoor and outdoor work environment.
Subject to fumes, dust and odors.
Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals.
Working on ladders.
Possible exposure to bodily fluids.
While performing the essential functions and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms and speak and hear effectively. Climbing ladders and working from heights to replace light bulbs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $4,141.00 - $5,034.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell, CA 95008: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Job Location Information:
Location: Campbell, Ca 95008
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Normally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are a few other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can be easy if you understand the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an unbelievable and regularly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply crucial training, property, and programs for job seekers. These corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Web test for job firms in your areaought to discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top function for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a quicker and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into an enduring job for the individuals who perform well during their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.