Hiring Organization / Company: Stanford University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Stanford Athletics boasts a strong tradition of excellence - both in individual and team competition - and has earned Pac-12, Nor Cal, and Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championships, NCAA and national championships; and Olympic victories. The program has also earned more Directors' Cups than any other Division I athletics program in the country. At Stanford, uncompromising academic and athletic standards continue to complement each other, and succeeding as a student-athlete continues to facilitate succeeding as a scholar. To learn more about Stanford Athletics, please visit gostanford.com.
Each position in the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) is responsible for playing its role in promoting the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics programs and for the reputation of Stanford University. The responsibilities of this position include insuring that all activities are conducted in a manner that furthers the University’s reputation for integrity, and enhances positive relationships between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, each position must comply with NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Development for DAPER, the Development Associate will provide support to fundraising programs and activities by working with the DAPER Development team, donors, volunteers, and other university staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Report on fundraising progress against goals and objectives for specific programs, as assigned.
- Provide development program reporting and analysis to support fundraising strategies, as assigned. This would include working with the DAPER Development team to assess results while assisting with the strategy of the annual fund in order to successfully reach immediate and long term goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship, alumni, and special recognition events, and volunteer boards as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate complex reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s) and complete expense requests and reconciliation.
- Process gifts and pledges to the gift processing unit.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising in a higher education environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong data analysis skills including organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford’s future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Information:
Location: Stanford, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Normally, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a number of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply very important coaching, property, and methods for activity seekers. These companies may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areaought to uncover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long lasting activity for the people who carry out neatly all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.