Hiring Organization / Company: Multiple Businesses
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The primary job duties for this important role involves building strong relationships with our clients, ensuring a positive and memorable experience is had while at our property. This Event Coordinator will work closely with the Event Sales Manager to manage and oversee event operations from beginning to end.
Essential Job Functions
- Providing assistance to the Event Sales Manager for multiple properties within the restaurant group portfolio.
- Working closely with the clients: (Brides/Wedding Planners and Corporate planners) to gather specific details for the event.
- Ensure staff preparation by providing detailed BEO requirements and conducting pre-shift meetings.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with high stress and unexpected situations.
- Must be hands on and willing to assist with setup and tear down of events.
- Produce details for events (timelines, BEO, floor plans)
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival
- Communicate with Chef and/or Catering Manage regarding dietary restrictions or allergies
- Ensure events run smooth and according to timeline
- Orchestrate Rehearsals – instructing ushers, family seating and wedding party procession
- Coordinate with all outside vendors (florist, photographer, videographer, DJ) upon arrival to review event timeline and duties.
- Assist guests of honor with any special requests prior to event and set up.
- Maintain high standards for safety and cleanliness in all areas of the properties.
- Maintain proper dining etiquette by ensuring staff is adhering to proper dining procedures.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems and concerns from guest to the Event Manager
- Being a team player is essential
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Food Handler Certificate.
- Must have proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite, Experience with Event is a plus.
- Previous serving in a Fine Dining environment is required.
- Must demonstrate superb hospitality and customer service skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and leadership skills.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance in accordance with our dress code policy.
- Ability to effectively deal with clients, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and management.
- May be in indoor or outdoor setting, dependent on event location
- Varied weather conditions are expected
- Flexibility to schedule is a must- including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time around large venues and continuously perform essential job functions.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Applicants are required to wear a mask upon arrival and throughout interview.
- Associate (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event Coordination: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca 95110
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs this present day. In most cases, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you know where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply very important coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. Those companies may also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms for your areaought to discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top function for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can commonly be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise change into into a long lasting activity for the individuals who perform neatly all over their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.