Hiring Organization / Company: Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, Llp
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Trusts and Estates Litigation Legal Assistant in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, a preeminent trust & estates firm with offices in Santa Clara and Contra Costa Counties, seeks a legal assistant to provide support to attorneys in planning, administration and litigation in our San Jose and Danville office. Responsibilities include:
- Transcription and/or drafting correspondence, pleadings, memos; formatting briefs, motions; prepare pleadings and documents for filing; working familiarity with local rules for Superior Court in California; trial preparation, including: formatting trial briefs, exhibit lists, witness list, motions in limine, table of contents and table of authorities; assembling trial binders; maintain client files.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support;
- Initiate, draft, edit and finalize correspondence, reports and other materials as requested;
- Proofread all work including correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, hearings;
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to arranging conference calls, meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, as well as handling photocopying, scanning, and faxing;
- Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems, open new files, maintain all client and general files, prepare files to be closed;
- Interact with and respond to clients in a timely and professional manner, whether in person or through email or calls;
- Ability to keep track of time worked for cost recovery.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with the following programs will be helpful: Microsoft suite, Word Perfect, Time Matters, and Timeslips.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca 95128
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Generally, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are several other people out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide crucial coaching, belongings, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms for your areamust uncover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip goal for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into an enduring job for the people who perform well right through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.