Hiring Organization / Company: Frito-lay North America
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Full-Time Merchandisers are responsible for merchandising Frito-Lay's complete line of quality products in local stores. As a Merchandiser, you will drive your personal vehicle to a variety of store locations, retrieving Frito-Lay products from the backs of stores, and ensuring that our products are both fresh and attractive to our customers. The Merchandiser work schedule is based on customer requirements. This includes weekend and holiday work in all weather conditions.
Some of the more frequent tasks you would perform include:
- Driving to assigned locations in your personal vehicle (we'll provide mileage reimbursement while you're on the clock)
- Check-in and out with manager on duty
- Merchandising cases from the back room to the sales floor, filling display units or shelves with products such as Doritos, Classic Lays, Tostitos, Smartfood Popcorn, etc.
- Rotating products and removing defective and out-of-date products
- Tidying up shelves and displays, knocking down boxes and disposing of any waste
- Assist in the assembling and disassembling of promotional materials such as signs, banners, and cardboard displays
Our diverse team strives for perfection and you should feel comfortable operating under minimal supervision. We are proud to set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. In addition to our generous starting wage found at the top of this listing, you will also enjoy unbeatable benefits including, but not limited to:
- Health care benefits (including dental and vision)
- Retirement savings benefits such as a pension and 401(k)
- Education advising and tuition reimbursement
- Gas mileage reimbursement
- Best-in-class discounts at retailers across the country
- Paid vacation
- Paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver's license with proof of insurance
- Be able to climb, push, pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation (example: a microwave)
People often ask what characteristics will make them successful in this position. Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Strong Work Ethic: you are punctual and reliable in terms of attendance, you accurately report your time using your company-issued device and you are comfortable working without a manager monitoring your day-to-day activities
- Flexibility: you are able to adapt to changing situations, new tasks and priorities as changes occur; you will encounter challenges and resolve them by yourself
- Customer Focus: when you are in the stores with our customers, you help them find what they need and deliver service that exceed their expectations
- Attention to Detail: our Merchandisers are meticulous when it comes to checking dates on chips, tidying shelves, and arranging products
- Communication: you will be working closely with other Frito-Lay team members and it's important to communicate regularly; good communication also includes checking in and out with the store manager
- Positive Attitude: you will be part of a sales team that relies on one another to build professional relationships and attend to customer needs while following Frito-Lay and store procedures, work rules and safety policies
The way it works is simple: we provide the information and tools to empower you to take charge of your career. At Frito-Lay we'll give you the training to succeed as the newest member of our exceptional team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs this present day. Normally, you will don’t have any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are several other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and regularly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide important coaching, property, and programs for process seekers. These firms will also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms to your areamust discover where and how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end function for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash when money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.