Hiring Organization / Company: Flagship Facility Services, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Flagship Culinary Services is hiring a Pastry Baker to join our team and support the employee cafes for our Client, the largest social media company in the world!
Our pastry program is fast-paced, diverse and puts collaboration and learning at the forefront. No two days are the same and our bakers enjoy great perks, a work/life balance with a set schedule, on-the-job training and career growth opportunities.
Job Perks and Benefits
- Monday-Friday schedule, weekends off
- 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, vision and dental coverage
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training to advance in your pastry career
- Free meals and snacks during your shift
- Customer Service: provide the best customer service in a courteous, fast and efficient manner. Accommodate all requests and special needs for guests and Clients
- Prepare: produce a variety of sweet and savory pastries and desserts including cupcakes, cakes, pies, torts, flans, custards, granolas, cookies, pate a choux, cheesecakes, bars and vegan desserts
- Bake: ensure pastries and desserts are baked with quality and production goals in mind
- Create: mix and measure according to recipe guidelines; handle and manipulate ingredients and product from start to finish, including plating and presentation
- Collaborate: enjoy the camaraderie and teamwork in the kitchen and take advantage of opportunities to collaborate on menus and recipe rotations
- Safety: maintain a clean and organized workspace. Follow all safety and sanitation procedures within set guidelines from OSHA, HACCP and Department of Public Health and Risk Management – and ensure your team is following guidelines as well
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with from scratch production; baking skills are essential
- Basic problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Sense of urgency and ability to work within a safe manner
- Ability to follow all company policies in areas of attendance, safety, sanitation and safe food handling
- Minimum 1 year of pastry experience
- High school diploma or GED; culinary degree preferred but not required
- Pastry Bakers must have and maintain an active Food Handlers Card, as required by the California Health Department
Flagship Culinary Services is dedicated to helping companies provide high quality dining experiences for their employees and visitors. Our talented teams help deliver delicious and nutritious food, made from scratch, with a strong emphasis on local and organically grown ingredients. We support many different types of food service setups, from full-service cafés to customized food concepts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Flagship is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.20 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Menlo Park, CA 94025: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Pastry Baking: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Job Location Information:
City: Menlo Park
Location: Menlo Park, Ca 94025
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a number of folks out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be simple if you understand the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an implausible and often overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly provide very important coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. Those companies can also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms for your areashould uncover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top function for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting job for the people who carry out smartly right through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.