Hiring Organization / Company: Tesla
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Process Engineering Technician
Tesla is looking for an Engineering Technician to (1) accelerate the development of our cutting edge cell assembly equipment and processes and (2) implement improvements into production equipment. Working closely with manufacturing engineers and process development engineers, the ideal candidate will play a key role in reducing cost and increasing capacity by improving existing factory equipment and introducing new factory equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to build new high speed manufacturing equipment right here in the Bay Area. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
This Engineering Technician will work in the development area where we fabricate and assemble our next-level factory equipment. A key part of the role will be keeping this space organized, well-stocked, and well-tooled.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, craftsmanship, organizational skills and attention to detail. Tesla is an environment where high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded; individuals are empowered to take ownership of their work. The ideal candidate will learn an incredible amount on the job, works efficiently with minimal guidance and can provide guidance to more junior peers.
· Assist with equipment and process validations, optimizations, and characterizations to reduce cost and increase capacity
· Support and troubleshooting of equipment and assist with knowledge transfer to production
· Execute tasks independently
· Oversee and advise the group’s other technicians’ craftsmanship.
· Lead other technicians’ work on large assembly projects.
· Work closely with the maintenance group, equipping them to successfully complete Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMI)
· Communicate with the responsible engineers for equipment projects, highlighting issues and brainstorming solutions.
· Hands on experience working with automation equipment
· Some experience with the following equipment filling, capping/crimping, laser marking vision inspection conveyance
· Have a good mix of working with a variety of materials and off the shelf components
· Experience in characterizing and validating new equipment and fixtures capability, repeatability and capacity prior to introduction to the production floor
· Experience introducing new products and new processes into a production environment
· Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus
· Experience in maintenance and calibration of process equipment
· Basic user-level knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, PLM,ERP
· Experience sourcing parts from local shops, with PO experience preferred
· Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
· Organized with meticulous attention to detail
· Machine Shop experience is preferred but not mandatory
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $37.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Process Technician: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Fremont, Ca 94538
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs these days. In most cases, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you already know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an implausible and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply very important training, assets, and systems for activity seekers. Those corporations can be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Internet test for job firms to your areamust uncover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end objective for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services can commonly be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into a long lasting activity for the individuals who perform smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.