Hiring Organization / Company: Frito-lay North America
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Route Sales Representative is a full-time position that is responsible for selling and merchandising Frito-Lay's complete line of quality products at local stores including convenience stores, gas stations, and large grocery stores. As a Route Sales Representative, you would drive a small Frito-Lay truck which requires a regular driver's license and insurance. Hours per week average approximately 50 hours and include weekend and/or holiday work in all weather conditions.
Some of the more frequent tasks you would perform include:
- Driving to assigned locations
- Check-in with store decision maker, check-in delivery, obtain signatures, collect proof of delivery
- Using equipment (e. g. carts, pallets, etc.) to unload products and move throughout the store
- Merchandising cases from the back room to the sales floor, filling display units or shelves with products such as Doritos, Classic Lays, Tostitos, Smartfood Popcorn, etc.
- Ensuring back-room inventory reaches the sales floor and organizing/maintaining back-room inventory in proper location
- Rotating products and removing defective and out-of-date products and process returns and credits with receiver
- Tidying up shelves and displays, knocking down boxes and disposing of any waste
- Assembling and disassembling of promotional materials such as signs, banners, and cardboard displays
- Ordering, scanning and logging backstock using handheld device
- Safely maximizing sales and minimizing waste
This is a physical job. We transform store aisles, end caps, and displays into works of art, from the lowest shelf to the highest shelf. Start times typically begin between three o'clock and seven o'clock in the morning. Hours per week average 50 to 60 hours and include weekend and/or holiday work in all weather conditions.
Our diverse team strives for perfection, and you should feel comfortable working under minimal supervision. We are proud to set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. In addition to our generous starting wage found at the top of this listing, you will also enjoy unbeatable benefits including, but not limited to:
- Health care benefits (including dental and vision)
- Retirement savings benefits such as a pension and 401(k)
- Education advising and tuition reimbursement
- Best-in-class discounts at retailers across the country
- Paid vacation
- Paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
RSRs who come to work with us have a wide variety of experience. Team members have honed their skills with success in prior roles including sales jobs, retail jobs, restaurant jobs, and customer service jobs. We all pride ourselves on the quality of our work, but we do have some minimum requirements in common:
- Ability to climb, push, pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation (examples: a microwave; a cinder block)
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Strong Work Ethic: as a RSR, you are trusted to represent Frito-Lay values to your colleagues, customers, and the public. You accurately report your time using your company-issued device and you are comfortable working without a manager monitoring your day-to-day activities.
- Flexibility: you are able to adapt to changing situations, new tasks and priorities as changes occur; you will encounter challenges and resolve them by yourself
- Customer Focus: when you are in the stores with our customers, you help them find what they need and deliver service that exceed their expectations
- Attention to Detail: our RSRs are meticulous when it comes to checking dates on chips, tidying shelves, and arranging products; you are also responsible for accurately completing daily paperwork (e.g. DOT logs)
- Communication: you will be working closely with other Frito-Lay team members and it's important to communicate regularly; good communication also includes checking in and out with the store manager
- Positive Attitude: you will be part of a sales team that relies on one another to build professional relationships and attend to customer needs while following Frito-Lay and store procedures, work rules and safety policies
- Tech Savvy: you are very comfortable using multiple technology devices each day to accomplish your goals
- Conscientious: you are organized, task driven, comfortable following direction and adhering to a specific schedule
- Initiative: our RSRs often describe their routes as "their business." You have a deep understanding of your role within the sales team and you constantly strive to achieve and exceed sales growth targets
Does this sound like you?
The way it works is simple: we provide the information and tools to empower you to take charge of your career. At Frito-Lay, it's pay for performance all the way, and we will give you the training to flourish as the newest member of our exceptional team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Job Location Information:
City: San Jose
Location: San Jose, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs these days. Generally, you’re going to don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you recognize where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and commonly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply essential training, property, and programs for process seekers. Those companies can be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areashould uncover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can regularly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into a long-lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.