Hiring Organization / Company: Barnes & Noble College
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. As a Store Manager you are the store’s leader and are accountable for all aspects of the store- financial results, operations, merchandising, talent acquisition, customer service, and campus relations. You will build and maintain positive relationships with the campus community and your Home Office partners to create the finest and most profitable bookstore for the school campus community we serve. You will be a people manager and have direct involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty and deliver measurable results for the store and for your school. And best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. A Store Manager must be knowledgeable of and a resource for all departments, model exceptional customer service, drive sales, and be a skillful problem solver.
- Execute developed business strategies and identify opportunities drive sales, increase customer satisfaction, and expand store traffic.
- Strong delegation, follow up, and management skills to maintain outstanding visual merchandising standards, ensure availability of merchandise, maintain appropriate inventories, and complete projects in a deadline driven industry.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and sales through effective scheduling, talent acquisition, training, and development of store team members.
- Ability to identify creative solutions, learn independently, embrace change, and act as a change agent.
- Analyze sales figures, interpret trends, and forecast future sales to manage all controllable costs and keep operations profitable.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met by providing a safe and clean store environment and implementing loss prevention measures.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience in a retail setting preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Leadership experience to direct and develop a workforce of managers and sales associates.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills to manage campus relationships and corporate initiatives while achieving customer sales and service goals.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Information:
City: Santa Clara
Location: Santa Clara, Ca 95053
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be easy if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an out of this world and regularly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply essential training, assets, and systems for job seekers. Those corporations can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Web scan for job firms in your areamust uncover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long-lasting job for the people who carry out smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.